Hybrid Solar System
Solar hybrid systems are hybrid power systems that combine solar power from a photovoltaic system with another power generating energy source. It is also known as ‘on-grid solar with battery storage’ which generates power in the same way as a typical grid- connected solar system but has the extra ability to store the solar energy generated. As the name implies, a hybrid system is a combination of two or more modes of electricity generating together, generally using renewable technologies. Hybrid systems provide a good level of energy security through the mixture of generation methods and often will further incorporate into a storage system to ensure maximum supply, reliability and security.
- Stores & saves solar energy for necessary utilization.
- Allows usage of solar energy during peak times.
- The stored power is available during a grid outage.
- Enables advanced energy management (ie. peak shaving)
- Energy Independency is enabled.
- Reduces the power consumption.